ESS offers a variety of sustainability workshops which can be tailor made for an organisation’s needs.
EXECUTIVE BRIEFING ON SUSTAINABILITY REPORTING
With the launch of the King II and III reports, publishing an annual sustainability/integrated report has become commonplace for many South African organisations. The King III Report stresses the important role and responsibilities senior management or the board plays in the publishing of an integrated annual report including sustainability aspects such as economic, environmental and social impacts as well as corporate governance.
The Sustainability Reporting Guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) are the most widely used framework for sustainability reporting, both globally and in South Africa. The GRI G4 Guidelines have become the accepted international standard for sustainability reporting.
Board members and other senior managers would without doubt benefit from attending the 2-day GRI certified course on sustainability reporting but may not always have the time to attend a two-day course. It is important for them to understand the full sustainability reporting process, and the role they play in the process to ensure effective reporting. Therefore, ESS offers an Executive Briefing on Sustainability/Integrated Reporting
Outline of briefing
The Executive Briefing on Sustainability/Integrated Reporting addresses the following aspects:
- Sustainability/Integrated Reporting in context
- Guidance from the King III Report
- An overview of the GRI Guidelines on Sustainability Reporting
- Principles for Sustainability Reporting
- An overview of the Sustainability Reporting process
- Assurance of Sustainability Reports
- The role of the board and senior management in the Sustainability Reporting process
- The benefits to be derived from Sustainability Reporting
The Executive Briefing on Sustainability Reporting is scheduled to take up approximately two hours, questions and discussion excluded. It is assumed that the briefing will take place in the Board Room, or equivalent, of the organisation.
Other Sustainability Workshops offered:
- Creating value through integrated sustainability management
- Introduction to sustainability
- Workshops on specific sustainability topics
To register for this course, please click here.