Climate change is one of the most profound and complex issues affecting our society and economy today. Scientific developments continue to increase the scale of concern and suggest that the climate change problem may be even worse than previously feared. Despite continuing uncertainties about the detailed linkages, extreme weather events are increasingly being attributed to human interference, and greater emphasis is emerging on the need for companies to prepare and adapt to climatic changes.
Issues associated with climate change have an increasingly significant impact on many business sectors and organisations need to have an understanding of the key issues and how these might affect their businesses.
ESS offers a one day training course to provide in-depth and practical knowledge of policy and practice relating to climate change adaptation, how to understand risks and plan an effective strategic response.
Aim and objectives of this course
The aim of this course is to educate and enable key senior and mid-level managers to further understand the business complexities presented by climate change so that they can integrate it into corporate action plans and strategies.
Specific objectives include:
- General introduction to climate change, the science and impacts, and key international and regional policies in place to manage the impacts of climate change
- Understand how organisations can operationalise adaptation strategies
- Discussions about climate risk: What are the key risks and what does it mean for the industry and policy makers?
- Understanding cimate change and energy: What does it mean for industry and what are the opportunities in alternative energy technologies?
Who should attend
This course will be of great interest to all those in organisations, especially executives and middle management, who have a responsibility for understanding issues associated with climate change and its business impact. Government officials, NGO’s and civil society who want to learn about the climate change issue also welcomed.
Approach to the course
This course is highly interactive and will include:
- Interactive presentations
- Class and small group discussions
- Studying examples of good management practices
Outline of the one-day course
- Introduction to Climate Change
- The global and local context
- Responses to Climate Change
- Tools to support Climate Change Strategies
- Climate Change strategies in practice
Participants will receive a certificate upon successfully completing this course.
Kindly contact us for more information about this training course.